USB Flash Device Recovery:
Data recovery services are provided for flash devices hard drives that no longer operate due to electrical or physical damage.
About Flash Memory:
There are 2 main components to any flash storage device.
- The first device is called NAND memory and is responsible for storing data in digital form.
- The second device is called a controller or translator. The translator enables the computer to read and write to the memory. Translators are present in both memory card and USB flash based storage devices.
Translators also store unique information about the memory card and commonly encrypt data located on the NAND for faster access times and to ensure storage reliability. In order for a USB flash device to function properly both the NAND and the translator must be in good working order.
Due to the complexity of translators and the gross amount of manufacturers (there are hundreds), iCube Development does not repair translators. Instead, iCube Development will directly extract the flash (NAND) memory and attempt to duplicate memory for further recovery.
In most cases the NAND memory does not fail, USB flash devices typically fail due to a defective translator. iCube Development is able to perform recovery services for all USB, USB 2.0, and USB 3.0 based storage devices. We also recover data from xD, Secure Digital (SD) or SDHC (mini and micro) versions, Compact Flash, and Memory Stick (MS) devices.
NAND data recovery is black and white, this is to say the information stored in NAND memory either exists or it does not. iCube Development uses a combination of specialized hardware based memory readers in combination with decoding software to reproduce NAND content.
Things To Do:
- Do not attempt to use the USB flash device.
- Do not take apart the USB flash device.
- Never use a soldering gun. A special non-conductive device must be used.
Call iCube Development at (888) 728-CUBE (2823) and book a free, no obligation data recovery evaluation. We'll let you know why your flash device is not working, provide you a written quote, and estimated turnaround time.
Costs & Procedure:
How much will it cost to recover my data?
Due to the variables involved with USB flash device failures, iCube Development is not able to provide a quote for repair or recovery without performing a free evaluation. Contact a technician, or call iCube Development at (888) 728-2823 to setup a free data recovery evaluation.
We fix USB and memory card failures using this data recovery process.
Why did my USB flash device fail?
- Age, the average consumer USB flash device is designed to work for a period of 1 to 2 years.
- Abuse, physical abuse is the leading cause of premature desktop hard drive failures.
- Blown fuse, electrical failures and voltage instability can cause a protective fuse to trip.
Just click to get more information on a specific service.
Data Recovery & Investigation:
- desktop hard drives
- notebook hard drives
- external and portables hard drives
- flash based USB storage devices
- mobile video and audio devices
- camera memory cards
- tape and cartridge media
- optical media
- specialized software recovery
- certified data deletion
Computer Repair & IT Consulting:
- hardware installation and upgrades
- software installation and troubleshooting
- virus, spyware, and malware removal
- remote training and assistance
- redundant data backup solutions
- network and server maintenance
- security and firewall management
- point of sale (POS) setup and installation
- workplace virtualization and monitoring
- technical consulting
Web Application Design:
- customer relationship management
- product and service tracking
- time asset management tools
- end-user support systems
- billing and ordering systems
- groupware collaboration services
- template based web publication
- industrial aerial video capture services
- shared e-mail and website hosting
- dedicated exchange server hosting
- secure company instant messaging
- template based marketing materials
- logo and digital image design
- corporate webmail and branding
- VoIP communication systems
- virtual hosted PBX services
- database hosting and management
- remote backup systems
- secure credit card processing services
- server co-location services