Hard Drive Electrical Failures:
Most hard drives have many electrical safety measures located on their PCB. These safety measures prevent electrical damage from reaching critical components of the hard drive. It is very common for electrical failures only to damage these safety measures and once replaced the hard drive will operate as normal. Most hard drives will not turn on with damaged or missing safety components.
iCube Development uses a fast recovery process to recover data from electrical failures.
Typical Failure Types:
- PCB (logic board) circuit failure.
- Pre-amplification chip failure.
- Microprocessor failure.
- Motor IC chip failure.
- TVS and fuse failures.
It is also possible that electrical failures may cause mechanical failures (an example would be the amplification chip located inside the hard drive chassis). If an electrical failure causes damage to mechanical aspects of the hard drive, both must be repaired in order to recover data.
Typical Failure Reasons:
- Unstable and / or inconsistent power supply.
- Sudden power failures.
- User error (wrong cable is connected).
Can I Fix Electrical Failures Myself?
Why did my desktop hard drive fail?
The average consumer will not have the knowledge to determine what part or parts have become damaged. That said, it is possible for some electrical failures to be self-repaired. iCube Development has dedicated tools to rapidly diagnose electrical failures.
It should be noted that replacing the PCB will not fix an electrical problem. Replacing a PCB (even if it's an exact match) may result in a mechanical failure. Manufacturers store unique information about the hard drive on the PCB. Removing this information will render modern hard drive inoperable.
Before you start trying to fix electrical failures issues yourself.
Attempting to repair electrical failures without the use of specialized equipment and knowledge may result in the loss of data or the inability to recover data. iCube Development provides this information without warranty and for educational purposes only.
Just click to get more information on a specific service.
Data Recovery & Investigation:
- desktop hard drives
- notebook hard drives
- external and portables hard drives
- flash based USB storage devices
- mobile video and audio devices
- camera memory cards
- tape and cartridge media
- optical media
- specialized software recovery
- certified data deletion
Computer Repair & IT Consulting:
- hardware installation and upgrades
- software installation and troubleshooting
- virus, spyware, and malware removal
- remote training and assistance
- redundant data backup solutions
- network and server maintenance
- security and firewall management
- point of sale (POS) setup and installation
- workplace virtualization and monitoring
- technical consulting
Web Application Design:
- customer relationship management
- product and service tracking
- time asset management tools
- end-user support systems
- billing and ordering systems
- groupware collaboration services
- template based web publication
- industrial aerial video capture services
- shared e-mail and website hosting
- dedicated exchange server hosting
- secure company instant messaging
- template based marketing materials
- logo and digital image design
- corporate webmail and branding
- VoIP communication systems
- virtual hosted PBX services
- database hosting and management
- remote backup systems
- secure credit card processing services
- server co-location services