Hard Drive Mechanical Failures:
Without proper working mechanical devices hard drives cannot read information from the magnetic surface of the platters. In order to repair mechanical failures the responsible failed part must be identified and then replaced.
iCube Development uses a fast recovery process to recover data from mechanical failures.
Typical Failure Types:
- Head or head stack failure.
- Actuator lock failure.
- Surface scarring or magnetic failure.
- Spindle or bearing seizures.
- Vibration dampener failure.
- Head parking ramp assembly failure.
- Head spring tension failure.
If you suspect your drive has a mechanical failure, do not power on your hard drive. Mechanical failures do not self-repair. Attempts to power on a failed hard drive will result in the perminant loss of data.
Typical Failure Reasons:
- Sudden physical impacts (resulting in the heads breaking, bending, or becoming misaligned).
- High temperature exposures (resulting in the warping of metal components).
- Sudden power failures (resulting in the heads not parking correctly).
- Age (magnets will lose their magnetic properties over time).
Can I Fix Mechanical Failures Myself?
Why did my desktop hard drive fail?
No, hard drive manufactures make it very difficult to open and replace parts without the use of a clean room, specific extraction tools, and experience. Due to the sensitivity of mechanical parts a single particle of dust can permanently destroy data. There are hundreds of models of hard drives, each model has a different method to correct perform extraction, repair, and / or replacement.
Before you start trying to fix mechanical failures issues yourself.
Attempting to repair mechanical failures without the use of specialized equipment and knowledge may result in the loss of data or the inability to recover data. iCube Development provides this information without warranty and for educational purposes only.
Just click to get more information on a specific service.
Data Recovery & Investigation:
- desktop hard drives
- notebook hard drives
- external and portables hard drives
- flash based USB storage devices
- mobile video and audio devices
- camera memory cards
- tape and cartridge media
- optical media
- specialized software recovery
- certified data deletion
Computer Repair & IT Consulting:
- hardware installation and upgrades
- software installation and troubleshooting
- virus, spyware, and malware removal
- remote training and assistance
- redundant data backup solutions
- network and server maintenance
- security and firewall management
- point of sale (POS) setup and installation
- workplace virtualization and monitoring
- technical consulting
Web Application Design:
- customer relationship management
- product and service tracking
- time asset management tools
- end-user support systems
- billing and ordering systems
- groupware collaboration services
- template based web publication
- industrial aerial video capture services
- shared e-mail and website hosting
- dedicated exchange server hosting
- secure company instant messaging
- template based marketing materials
- logo and digital image design
- corporate webmail and branding
- VoIP communication systems
- virtual hosted PBX services
- database hosting and management
- remote backup systems
- secure credit card processing services
- server co-location services